We provide the best fish for aquaponics - Tilapia and Gambrusia - using reputable hatcheries right to your door!
When you order your fish from The Aquaponic Source here is what you can expect ...
- You can establish a sustainable, reproducing colony (approximately 50/50 male/female), and be sure that the stock we provide are raised in controlled, contained and secure facilities free from disease risk. We start aquaponic gardeners out with the best possible source of fish in every way possible, and for this price, that's pretty hard to beat.
- Our fish are all hormone and GMO free.
- Guaranteed live arrival of your fish.
- The hatchery carefully packs your fish for shipping in a special shipping container with just the right amount of water and pure oxygen. There is no extra materials or handling charge for this box (some vendors add an extra box fee or handling charge at checkout)
- During the winter months, when temperatures are on the low side, they also place a special heat pack in the container just to make sure your fish travel as safely and comfortably as possible.
- You will typically receive some extra fish to take care of that extremely rare occasion when a few of them don't make the trip alive. Usually this just means you get a few extra free fish as they rarely experience mortalities in transit.
How much will shipping be?
- All of our fish ship via USPS Express Mail .
- Tilapia and Gambrusia Shipping: flat rate of $49 for all quantities up to 100 fish. For quantities greater than 100, the shipping rates are as follows: $89.00 for 200, $149.00 for 500 and $199.00 for 1000.
- The hatchery carefully packs your fish in a special shipping container with just the right amount of water and pure oxygen and ships them to you.
When will my fish arrive?
Orders for 100 fingerlings or less that are received by Sunday 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time will be delivered to you Thursday of the same week. Those received after 5:00 pm will deliver the following Thursday.
Orders for more than 100 fingerlings require an extra week for delivery. So those received by 5:00 pm Sunday will arrive Thursday of the following week.
In order to help insure the live arrival of your fish, the hatchery may contact you to fine tune the shipping schedule in order to allow for transit time, weather or other circumstances.
You must be present at the delivery location and physically receive the container of fish at the time of delivery as well as promptly place them in a suitable container (fish tank, aquarium, etc.) to qualify for refund or replacement.
What if my state doesn't allow the fish I order to be imported?
You are responsible for understanding the fish import regulations for your state. If there is any question as to whether the fish you order can be legally shipped over your state borders please contact your fish and game department to learn more before ordering.
Please note that we only ship to the 48 contiguous United States.
What do I feed them once they arrive?
Tell me more about the live arrival guarantee
- We will replace fish or provide a refund for any shortages due to mortalities within 2 hours of arrival.
- We do however reserve the right to decide which (refund or replacement) is most appropriate/feasible for each situation.
- Shipping costs are non-refundable, and buyer will be responsible for paying shipping costs for any replacement fish.
- We require photographic proof of dead fish before we will approve a refund or replacement. Please place the fish on a white back ground to photograph them rather leaving them in the tank. We muse be able to count the dead fish in the photo.
- You must be present at the delivery location and physically receive the container of fish at the time of delivery as well as promptly place them in a suitable container (fish tank, aquarium, etc.) to qualify for refund or replacement.
- If your fish package arrives damaged please be sure to make a notification upon receipt.
- Please note, we can't be responsible for fish left on front porches or similar areas. Sometimes fish will appear to be dead when in the bag when in fact they are not (they could just be stunned from the handling in transit), so regardless of what they look like in the bag, float the bag in your tank of warm (80-84 degree), aerated, conditioned and chlorine free water for 15 minutes and then release them into the tank.
- Please note that you must report any losses within 4 hours of receiving your fish. Official receipt time is considered to be the time and date stamp recorded by the shipping provider at time of delivery.